Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Pleasant Weekend

There hasn't been near enough blogging going on here, and I apologize for the lack of updates. For some reason January was a pretty blah month for me, and I'm hoping that I've turned the corner to a better mind-set. I've certainly been exercising more this week, and that is helping quite a bit. I also got some sun today, at our local farmer's market.



Flowers from the market

J and I love the market, and it's every Sunday year round here in La Jolla. Today we picked up some baby potatoes, golden beats, apples, dried apricots, fresh pasta, and ate some delicious veggie chili and a cheese tamale. I also picked up some beautiful flowers, from my favorite flower vendor. I feel very lucky that I live someplace where I can buy local fruits and veggies, get some sunlight, and take in the wonderful weather almost every week. I know a lot of the country is under several inches (feet?) of snow right now, and that may very well be me next year (who knows where the winds will take us); but I am very happy with where we are right now, and am trying to live in the moment and appreciate what we've got.


Cali appreciates the flowers from the market...
but not the flash I had to use to capture this before she pulled the greenery right out of the vase.

1 comment:

thesuperalice said...

I didn't appreciate the sun nearly enough until I moved away from it. I miss that comfortable glow on the face, arms, legs, that comfortable ability to strip down to fewer than three layers of clothing...

Lovely flowers! Hooray markets! And here's to a great February!