Monday, January 11, 2010

A Pampered Evening

I've been meaning to post again. In fact, I've been meaning to post two or three more recipes that I've made recently. But for one reason or another I haven't. Tonight was another opportunity, and yet today was not a great day, and by the time I got home I was raging hungry, which meant I was grumpy, which meant that my plans to make a delicious gourmet vegan meal went out the window. J went to get us Chipotle instead, our stand-by take-out meal.

Food definitely helped, but the combination of work disappointment, grumpy-brain and PMS did not succumb to the tasty guacamole. So I felt it only right that a little pampering was in order.

The ingredients: a hot bath with yummy smelling LUSH products, several cookies and a cup of milk, and an oft-read book. Steep one hour, then put on PJs and relax in bed.

What's your recipe for a pampered evening?

4 comments:

Dushenka said...

dessert in bed, snuggling with honey and watching a tv show on his laptop. :-)

thesuperalice said...

That's something I need to figure out. Without a bath tub in our current apartment, my bath salts are just sitting there dormant. Maybe a nice hot shower and an oft-read book of poetry is a decent substitute...

holly said...

@Dushenka - I think dessert in bed is truly one of life's great pleasures. Snuggling with my honey is another one, so that sounds like a delightful evening to me!

@Alice - You should check out something called an "Emotibomb" from LUSH - they are like bath bombs, but for the shower. You put them on the floor of the shower, and they melt away and infuse the air with heavenly scents. You may find it easy to make something similar if you check out the ingredients. http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/bath/emotibombs/

holly said...

@Alice - ugh, the URL got cut off on the comment. Here's a tiny url: http://tinyurl.com/ykxahuo